Below are eight Christian dating apps for single moms to try. A few things to keep in mind when trying out different dating apps, particularly Christian dating apps:
- Just because it’s a “Christian” site doesn’t mean all the men will be Christian or have Christian values.
- Like any dating site, you’ll have to search through the gravel to find the gemstones. Read “Red Flags for Online Dating.”
- There isn’t one dating site that’s better than another. For every site, you’ll hear awesome marriage stories and terrible rejection stories.
- Many people get on more than one site, try out the free trial period, and see if it’s worth investing in.
- Have a solid foundation of who you are and what you’re looking for. Ask God for discernment and wisdom.
- Try a site or two, then take a break. No need to swear off online dating forever.
- Try to have fun.
8 Christian Dating apps for single moms
- Boasts as the largest Christian dating community with over 15 million Christian singles.
- You can set up a profile, browse, and send a “smile” to other members for free. But to chat, you need to upgrade to their premium membership of $49.99/month.
- A little bit different from a dating app in that Christian Café has forums and chat rooms.
- States over 25,000 marriages have resulted from their site.
- Free 10-day trial, then you must upgrade or lose your access. Plans begin at 2 Weeks: $34.97 or 1 Month: $44.97.
Christian Dating For Free
- Advertises as the largest free Christian dating site in the world
- This is completely free. There is a paid version, but only if you want to remove ads and see when the last time someone logged in was. Otherwise, you can still message and chat with the free version.
Christian Dating Connection
- Free for a basic membership but have limited access.
- Plans begin at $16/month if paid monthly
Mutual: The LDS dating app
- Free option or upgrade to “mutual up” for more features.
- Designed for members of the Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints
- Advertised as an app for young Christian singles to meet relate or date
- It’s free to use for most features or upgrade for $10/month for more features like read receipts and testing which photos are more popular
- Fill out a 20-minute compatibility quiz that creates a personality profile for you then eHarmony matches you with other singles.
- Most users agree you’ll need a membership to get anything out of the app. Plans begin with their 6-month plans at around $60 total.
- Previously FTH
- Advertised as a Christian dating app for all denominations and levels of faith.
- Many users comment that in order to see who likes you, to read messages you have to upgrade to an Elite subscription.
Popular Dating Sites that aren’t specifically Christian for Single Moms
Lots of single moms in my community recommend the following dating apps. Most apps allow you to customize the search options if you’re looking for Christians or a certain religion. So sometimes it can be more helpful to go off a traditional Christian dating site to see if a man intentionally puts Christian or God or Jesus in his profile.
- Coffee meets bagel
- Bumble – women make the first contact
- Match – it’s been around the longest and still pretty popular so there’s a large pool
- Facebook dating / Zoosk – it shows if you had mutual friends
- Plenty of Fish